HPH2013 - 21st HPH Conference Gothenburg 2013 - Welcome to HPH 2013

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers


Questions Regarding Registration

Q. How do I register and pay for the conference?
A. You can register and pay by credit card through our website here http://hph2013.com/registration. You can also request an invoice through our online registration form if you cannot pay by credit card. If you prefer to contact us in person, please call our Registration Secretariat MCI Scandinavia +46 8 54651500 or email at confirmation@mci-group.com.

Q. Who do I contact if I have questions about new or existing registration, or if I need to change or cancel my registration?
A. Our Registration Secretariat MCI Scandinavia will be pleased to help you with any registration questions by phone at +46 8 54651500 or email at confirmation@mci-group.com. Please note change or cancellation fees may apply.

Q. How do I know if my country is part of CEE or a Developing Country to ensure I can pay the reduced fee?
A. CEE countries are in Central and Eastern Europe. Please refer to this link http://hph2013.com/registration to see which countries are classified as CEE and Developing Countries.

Q. How do I apply as a student?
A. You must have a valid student ID or proof that you are currently studying. This needs to be scanned and sent to us as part of the registration process. Please also bring this proof with you to the conference.

Q. Who is an Accompanying Person and what privileges do they have?

A. This is a spouse or someone who is accompanying you to the conference. This person will not have access to the conference programs or exhibitions, but is welcome to join you during the Social Events including, Welcome Reception, Gala Dinner and Farewell Cocktails. If you require full time assistance by an accompanying person, please contact our Registration Secretariat MCI Scandinavia to explain your situation by phone at +46 8 54651500 or email at confirmation@mci-group.com.


Q. What do I need in order to get a travel visa?
A. If you need a travel visa to enter Sweden and did not indicate this during your online registration by checking off the appropriate box, please let us know. Swedish Embassies in all countries require a copy of an official invitation letter. If you are also registered for the Satellite Events in Copenhagen, Denmark, you must contact the Denmark Embassy to request a travel visa. You will also need to provide the Embassy with confirmation of registration and proof of payment in order to be granted a travel visa. Please note we do not contact the Embassies on your behalf. If you have questions or need an invitation letter please email us at info@hph2013.com


Questions Regarding Hotels and Accommodations

Q. What hotels are best to stay at and how do I book?
A. You may request assistance booking accommodations through the online registration process and you may choose to take advantage of the hotel rooms we have placed on hold to ensure conveniently located accommodations for conference attendees. You can see the list of hotels here http://hph2013.com/accommodation. If you would like to book your own accommodation, you may check the “No Accommodation” box when registering. If you need assistance with accommodations at any time, please contact our Registration Secretariat MCI Scandinavia at +46 8 5465 1500 or confirmation@mci-group.com

Questions about Sweden and the City of Gothenburg


Q. What is the weather like in Sweden in May and what should I pack?
. The month of May is normally lovely and sunny, but of course we can experience a bit of spring rain. Low to high temperatures average at 10°C to 20°C. So do bring a sweater and maybe a small umbrella just in case.

Q. Where can I find information about Gothenburg?
A. To plan for your trip, you may visit several great websites. The official Gothenburg City webpage http://www.goteborg.com/en/ provides you with lots of great information. Or visit Do Today http://www.dotoday.se/en/ for daily newsfeed about Gothenburg.

Q. What is the currency in Sweden and most convenient method of payment in the city? 
A. The ”Swedish Kronor” (SEK) is the official national currency. Major credit cards are accepted almost everywhere, but you may also exchange cash at the airport in Sweden upon your arrival. Currency converter »

Q. What is the official language at the conference?
A. The official language of the 21th HPH International Conference is English. The official language in Sweden is Swedish although most people in Sweden also speak English.

Q. How do I get from to the city of Gothenburg from the airport?

A. Please visit http://hph2013.com/how-to-get-here for directions from Landvetter Airport and Gothenburg City Airport.